Staff Appreciation Week – May 6 – May 10:
Please help the PTSA celebrate our wonderful Long Reach Staff by participating in a new program called Gift Of Thanks. This program provides a convenient way for you to express your gratitude to the dedicated staff at LR.
Simply check off which staff you would like to donate to, and how much you would like to give (minimum $1). Each contributing family is recognized on a certificate by name only, not amount given. Your monetary contributions are pooled for each staff member and converted into gift cards that they select. Participation is voluntary, and the intent is to simplify end of year gift giving. The deadline is May 2. Fliers will be sent home with students, or you can access the order forms HERE.
We are also asking for food donations for Staff Appreciation Week. Please click HERE for the Signup Genius link.
2018-2019 PTSA Meeting Dates
The Long Reach High School PTSA meets the second Monday of every month in the Student Services Department at 7 pm. Upcoming meeting dates are:
- Monday, May 13th
- Monday, June 10th
- July, August dates and venue will be released in June
Apply for a PTSA Scholarship – Deadline April 12th!!
The Long Reach High School PTSA is pleased to announce our annual Senior Scholarship Program. Applications are now being accepted and five (5) $500.00 awards are available to seniors, from the class of 2019. Winners will be notified and awarded scholarships at the LRHS Senior Awards Ceremony. GPA will not be a factor in this scholarship program. Selection criteria based on answering the essay questions fully and on creativity/originality.
- Must be a 2019 LRHS graduating senior.
- Must be accepted to a college (2 or 4 year), art school, trade/military or technical school.
- Must be a current member of the LRHS PTSA as of April 1, 2019.
- Complete the entire application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Obtain counselor’s signature to confirm your eligibility, before submitting application.
- Typed responses to the required student essay questions (10-12 Font/double spaced).
- Total response to essay questions should be no greater than two pages.
- Application must be completed by the student.
- Submit complete application and essay responses via email to: email@example.com
- Applications must be received no later than: 2:10 PM Friday, April 12th, 2019 (This is the last day of school before spring break.)
Drivers Education Classes
Elite Driving School is the only AAA approved Driving School in Maryland and classes are held at Long Reach right after school. The next Driver’s Education Class sessions will be: (Mon-Fri, 2:30 pm – 5:45 pm)
- 05/06/2019 – 05/20/2019
- 05/31/2019 – 06/14/2019
- 06/17/2019 – 07/01/2019
- 07/02/2019 – 07/17/2019
- 07/18/2019 – 08/01/2019
For more information and to register, contact www.drivingschool.net
or call 410-363-7483.
Classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday (unless noted) for the three weeks leading up to the test date.
May 4th 2019
April 9th and 11th
April 23rd and 25th
April 30th and May 2nd
June 1st 2019
May 14th and 16th
May 21st and 23rd
May 28th and 30th Wednesday
Click here to Register.
2018-2019 Reflections Program Theme
Aren Jayachandran, 11th Grade
Ciera Hudson, 11th Grade
Ciera Hudson – First Place Music Composition
The 2018-2019 theme Heroes Around Me will spark imagination and creativity in school and at home. Reflections deadline is fast approaching… we had winners at all levels last year so please encourage our students to participate.
More Information here!